Most frequently asked Apache Storm Interview Questions
- What is Apache Storm?
- What are Core Concepts of Apache Storm?
- What is the difference between Apache Storm and Kafka?
- What are the features of Apache Storm?
- Name the different stream grouping in Apache storm?
- Name the two types nodes in Cluster Architecture?
- How to use apache storm tuple?
- What are 2 modes in storm cluster?
- What is combinerAggregator?
- How is storm application beneficial in financial services?
- What are the components of Storm?
- What is Kryo?
- Difference between Apache flume and Apache storm?
- Components used in running topology?
What is Apache Storm?Apache Storm is distributed system used for processing real time big data analytics.Apache Storm can be used with any programming language.It is a software which helps us to work with massive quantity of data including batch processing.
What are Core Concepts of Apache Storm?
- Tuple - It is a list of ordered elements and supports all data types.
- Stream - Unordered sequence of tuples.
- Spouts - Used for reading data from datasources.
- Bolts - Helps in processing and to produce a new output stream.
What is the difference between Apache Storm and Kafka?Apache Storm
Helps in data exchange between an input to output streams.
Storm is independent.
It was invented by Twitter.
Storm supports all languages.
It is a broker which can handle big amount of messages.
Kafka depends on Zookeeper.
Kafka was invented by Linkdin.
It also supports all languagesbut Java is recommended.
What are the features of Apache Storm?Storm is easy to operate and its configuration are helpful in deploying and using it easily.
It can process upto 100 messages in one second for each node.
It can automatically detect faults.
It also helps in ensuring the data to be executed once and in some cases more than once.
Name the different stream grouping in Apache storm?Different stream grouping in Apache storm are:
Name the two types nodes in Cluster Architecture?Nimbus (master node)
Supervisor (worker node)
How to use apache storm tuple?Tuple is not required for adding additional attributes fro feild grouping.
Iy can reduce the number of shipped bytes.
It can also preserve the advantage of the beans pattern.
What are 2 modes in storm cluster?Local mode helps to adjust parameters that enables us to see how our topology runs in different Storm configuration environments.
Production mode is composed of many processes like running on different machines.
What is combinerAggregator?CombinerAggregator is used for combining a set of tuples in a single feild.
How is storm application beneficial in financial services?Storm can be helpful by:
What are the components of Storm?
- Nimbus - Helps in distributing code across the cluster and allocating workers across the cluster and monitors computation.
- Zookeeper - Helps as a mediator for communication.
- Supervisor - Helps in interacting with Nimbus through Zookeeper.
What is Kryo?Kryo is used for serialization as it is fast and flexible.
Difference between Apache flume and Apache storm?Apache Storm
It involves streaming data.
It is the path between batch processing and stream processing.
We use storm as an alternative to the flume.
Apache Flume It is used for collecting large amounts of streaming data.
Flume helps in pushing data to consumers using mechanisms.
Components used in running topology?Worker processes