Most frequently asked MuleSoft Interview Questions
- Define MuleSoft?
- Name the configuration patterns provided by MuleSoft?
- What is Mule ESB?
- What is the difference between Callout and Service Invoke?
- What is SDO and SMO?
- What are the parameters to configure a Scheduler?
- What are the variables used in MuleSoft?
- What are the compititers of Mule ESB
- Explain the Architecture of Mule ESB?
- What are the types of Global Message Processor?
- How to concatenate 2 values in mule?
- Name different types of Exception Handling?
- What is Mule Transformer?
- What is the use of Outbound Endpoint in MuleSoft?
- Name the error types in MuleSoft?
Define MuleSoft?MuleSoft is used in integration platform.It is a cluster that integrates data, applications and APIs on premises.
MuleSoft also helps us in connecting applications quickly and easily.
There are 2 types of MuleSoft:
Name the configuration patterns provided by MuleSoft?Bridge
Simple service pattern
What is Mule ESB?Mule ESB is a java based enterprise service bus(ESB) and allows us to connect applications easily and quickly.It is light weighted and scalable, it also can be implemented and deployed in application network.ESB can enable easy and quick integrations between all application platforms without creating any confusion with different applications like HTTP, Saas, Web services, etc.
Features of Mule ESB are:
Data Mapping and Transformation
On premises deploments
High availibilty and clustering
Simple graphical design
What is the difference between Callout and Service Invoke?Callout
Simple model for configuration.
Request in mediation flow.
Produces output while combining service response.
Receives the messages and calls.
What is SDO and SMO?Service Data Object(SDO) helps in representing the object.
Service Data Message(SMO) helps in representing the messages.
What are the parameters to configure a Scheduler?
- Frequency helps in describing the frequency of the scheduler endpoint.
- Start Delay helps in providing the time we must wait before triggering the Mule flow.
- Time Unit helps in describing time unit for both Frequency and Start Delay.
What are the variables used in MuleSoft?Flow Variable
What are the compititers of Mule ESBSome of the major competitors of Mule ESB are: WebSphere Message Broker
Aurea CX Platform
WebSphere DataPower Gateway
Workday Business Process Framework
Talend Enterprise Service Bus
JBoss Enterprise Service Bus
Explain the Architecture of Mule ESB?
What are the types of Global Message Processor?Transformer helps in converting data from one format to another.
Filters helps in deciding which Mule message should be processed.
Models helps in grouping services which are created in the studio.
Services wrap business logic or components.
Endpoints helps in receiving and sending messages.
How to concatenate 2 values in mule?We can concatenate values in mule by using this code:
#[message.payload.concat(' Another String')]
Name different types of Exception Handling?
- Rollback exception handling
- Default exception handling
- Catch exception handling
- Global exception handling
- Choice exception handling
What is Mule Transformer?Mule Transformer helps us in creating a variable to store values which can be simple literate values like strings, message payloads or attribute objects.It is used to create a chain of transformers.
What is the use of Outbound Endpoint in MuleSoft?Helps in sending SOAP messages
Helps in writing to file streams
Helps in sending email messages
Name the error types in MuleSoft?Transformation