Most frequently Asked Azure Monitor Interview Questions
- What is Azure Monitor?
- What are the features of Azure Monitor?
- What are the limitations of Azure Monitor?
- What is meant by Cloud Computing?
- What is the scalability of cloud computing?
- What are the advantages of cloud computing?
- What do you mean by roles?
- What are the different types of roles?
- Explain Azure Resource Manager?
- What are the three main components of the Windows Azure Platform?
- What are the deployment environments offered by Azure?
- Explain Diagnostics?
- What are unconnected lookups?
What is Azure Monitor?Azure Monitor used for collecting monitoring telementry from variety of non permises and Azure sources, it aggregates and stores all the telementry in a log data store which is optimised for performance and cost.It is powerful and reporting analytic tool.
Azure Monitor helps in collecting data from various applications, operating systems, Azure resources, etc.This data need to be processed for performing fuctions like analysis, visualization, alerting, automation and integrations.
What are the features of Azure Monitor?Features of Azure Monitor are as follows:
- Performs metrics and log activity of our presence within Azure Portal.
- Helps in configuring automated alert rules on resources.
- Provides information about operations and errors that occurs resources helping in auditing and troubleshooting.
- Shows how the resources are working.
- Performing in custom log search data across resources and subscription by using OMG logs.
What are the limitations of Azure Monitor?No Remote Desktop - When we deploy or troubleshoot problems in Azure Monitor we can access the server for checking log files, review IIS settings, event viewer, etc.There is no remote desktop available in Azure Monitor.
Management tools, other Software Installations - It can be managed completely about the servers and database.
No Performance Counters - All performance monitor counters are key metrics for applications without which there is no monitor garbage collection, IIS queuing and a lot of other data transforming activities.
What is meant by Cloud Computing?Cloud Computing helps in dilevering services through Internet, these sources include tools and applications such as data storage, servers, databases, networking, and software. It also has access to all the data the software programs runs..
Cloud Computing offers faster innovation, flexible resources and economies of sale.
What is the scalability of cloud computing?There are 2 tpes of scalibility:
- Vertical Scaling - Configure yields for increasing the existing capacity of the machine.
- Horizontal Scaling - Helps in putting all the machine at work instead of replacing the existing machine.
What are the advantages of cloud computing?Versatility
Investment in the Machines
What do you mean by roles?Roles are servers that links to managing and balancing the platform as service maching that helps in collaborating works for attaining the goal.
What are the different types of roles?Web Role used in deploying website for making the use of language that is supported by IIS platform customized for running the web application.
VM Role helps in scheduling the window services and tasks.
Worker ROle used for executing the process that runs in the background by deploying the website.
Explain Azure Resource Manager?Azure Resource Manager is used in provisioning management and deployment services in Azure, the layer is used for updating and deleting resources in the subscription.
We can organize the resources in the resource group and deploy our resources with JSON Templates.
What are the three main components of the Windows Azure Platform?The main components of Azure Platform are as follows:
What are the deployment environments offered by Azure?There are 2 types of Deployment Environments:
- Staging Environment - provides a platform for validating changes to our applications as it can be made live in the production environment.
- Production Environment - used for storing the live application and also can be differentiated from the staging environment with URLs.
Explain Diagnostics?Diagnostic is the facility for storing diagnostic data, all diagnostic data is stored in the table while others are stored in blob.
The diagnostic monitor runs in Azure and also in the computer's emulator for collecting data for a role instance.