Most frequently asked Azure SQL Interview Questions
- What is SQL Azure?
- What is cloud computing?
- Name the different types of services offered in the cloud?
- What are the features of Azure SQL?
- How can we copy SQL Azure database to my local development server?
- How to reset Password for Azure database?
- What is SQL Azure firewall?
- How many replicas are maintained for each SQL Azure database?
- What are the different types of cloud deployment models?
- On which factors current pricing model for SQL Azure consumption depend?
- What is a VNet?
- Is it possible to add an existing VM to an availability set?
What is SQL Azure?Azure SQL is a platform that manages most of the database management functions like upgrading, patching, backups, monitoring, etc without user involvement.It is a database service that take cares of scalability, backup, etc of the database.Azure SQL is offered by Microsoft. It is based on SQL server technology and used in Microsoft data center that is hardware owned by Microsoft.
What is cloud computing?Cloud Computing helps in enabling on demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resourcesthat will be rapidly provisioned and will realease minimal management effort or services provider interation.It is used for storing, managing and processing data. It used in describing data centers to many users over the internet.
There are some of features of Cloud Computing:
- Cost - helps in eleminating expenses of hardware and software and also setting up servers.
- Speed - Provides flexibility and taking off presure from capacity planning.
- Productivity - Helps in removing the need of tasks, so that the teams can focus on achieving more important business goals.
- Security - Helps in protecting our data, apps and infastructure from threats.
Name the different types of services offered in the cloud?
- IAAS - Allows for flexibility,reliability and scalibility.It is cost effective and supports business growth.
- SAAS - Helps for CRM and For applications that needs mobile access.
- PAAS - Helps in deploying infrastructure and software framework.It is scalable and ideal for business environments.
What are the features of Azure SQL?Scalability and Resource Management - Helps in moving larger databases in the pools for best performance.
Performance Tuning - Helps the azure customers to know how their database is working.
Security - Helps in adding more layers of protection including audit logs, data masking and compliance certification.
Scalability of Azure SQL Database - Helps in easily forecast the budget and adjust cost based on reporting.
Business Consistency - Helps in high performance and load balancing with the use of failover groups which can take advantage among a number of Azure data centers.
How can we copy SQL Azure database to my local development server?There are multiple ways for doing this:
We can use SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS) as it helps to import data in our table.
We can also use the combination of SSIS and DB creation scripts as it will help us to get data and all missing metadata that is not transferred by SSIS.
We can also use Import/Export service in SQL Azure as it helps to transfer data to Azure Blob Storage as a BACPAC.
How to reset Password for Azure database?Step 1 - Click browse
Step 2 - Select SQL databases
Step 3 - Choose a database that's in the server you want to change creds for.
Step 4 - Select the server name url for that selected database. This will open up the server configuration blade.
Step 5 - Reset password is the second button from left.
What is SQL Azure firewall?SQL Azure Firewall is a cloud based service that helps us in deciding IP addresses as it the solution for filtering traffic to a VNet.It is a service which is built in high availability and unrestricted cloud scalibility and it is also responsible for protecting inbound and outbound traffic to the VNet.
SQL Azure firewall is a cloud computing database service which is offered by Microsoft Azure Platform that will help to host and use SQL database.
How many replicas are maintained for each SQL Azure database?SQL Azure database can maintain three replicas for each database. One of them is a primary replica, as when one replica goes down another replica is promoted.
What are the different types of cloud deployment models?Public Cloud
Easy to manage
Improved level of security
Greater control over the server
Hybrid Cloud Highly flexible and scalable