Most frequently Asked Ab Initio Interview Questions
- What is Ab Initio Software?
- What is the architecture Of Ab Initio?
- What are the some of the file extensions used in Ab Initio?
- What is Data Encoding?
- What is De-partition in Ab Initio?
- How do we connect EME To Ab Initio Server?
- What kind of layouts does Ab Initio supports?
- What is Sandbox?
- What is the Ab Initio Business Rules Environment?
- What are some of the Air Commands used in Ab Initio?
- What is Rollup Component?
- How can we find old recovery files on Ab Initio production boxes?
What is Ab Initio Software?Ab Initio helps in extracting, transforming, and loading data. It also helps in Data Analysis, Data Manipulation, Batch Processing, and Graphical User Interface based on parallel processing applications. These applications help by performing functions that are related to Fourth Generation Data Analysis, Complex Events, Qualitative and Quantitative Data Processing, etc.
What is the architecture Of Ab Initio?
What are the some of the file extensions used in Ab Initio?
- .mp - helps in storing Ab Initio Graph or Graph Component.
- .mpc - Program or Custom Component.
- .mdc - Custom Data-Set or Dataset Component.
- .dml - used for data manipulation language file and in recording type defination.
- .xfr - used for transforming function file.
- .dat - used as data file.
What is Data Encoding?Data Encoding is used for keeping many cases confidential, it also is used for making sure if the information remains in the form by which no one else other than the receiver and the sender will understand.
What is Dependency Analysis in Ab Initio?Dependency Analysis is used for retrieving the maximum from the existing data and by using next_in_sequence/reformat we can also generate the sequence. The data comes from dependency analysis, the applications can depend on and produce this data, etc.
What is De-partition in Ab Initio?De-partition helps in allowing us to read from multiple flow and operations, is used for re-joining data records from different flows.De-partition consists of components that include:
How do we connect EME To Ab Initio Server?For connecting Eme with Ab Initio, there are many ways such as:
- We can login to EME Web Interfaces.
- We can connect to EME Data Store.
- By going through Air Command.
- By setting AB_AIR_ROOT.
What kind of layouts does Ab Initio supports?
What is Sandbox?Sandbox is a collection of graphs that are related to the files which are saved in a Single Directory Tree and it also behaves like a group for Navigation, Migration, and Version Control.
What is the Ab Initio Business Rules Environment?BRE(Business Rules Environment) helps by allowing the Business Analysts for specifying business rules in a form that is very comfortable for them to use like: Grid like Spreadsheets.BRE specifies business terms with expressions that are clear to everyone who has worked with Microsoft Excel. All the rules can be specified easily and understood by any other business people.
What are some of the Air Commands used in Ab Initio?Air Commands used in Ab Initio are as follows:
Air object ls
Air object rm
Air project modify
Air object versions-verbose
Air lock show-user
Air sandbox status
What is Rollup Component?Rollup Component has been used for grouping the records which are based on Field Values. It also is a Multi-Stage Transforming function that contains functions such as:
How can we find old recovery files on Ab Initio production boxes?We can find the recovery files by using the following command:
find . -name \*.rec